The Distributed Learning 4-5 Program offers opportunities for students to be schooled at home with their parent/guardian. Teachers facilitate independent directed programs, on-line courses and other individual programs, all of which meet the expectations of the BC Curriculum. Curricular support (in English, Math, Science, and Socials) from 4-5 is offered through the support of the Distributed Learning teacher.
Distributed Learning is a public school program where the majority of the learning takes place at a distance (home)
- DL program is the responsibility of the public school
- DL program is directed and supervised by a British Columbia-certified teacher
- DL program must meet the provincial standards as outlined in the School Act
Students will receive:
- on-going regular assessments
- report cards
- provincial letter grades and a permanent student record, as would a student in a neighborhood school.
SUPPORT AND FACILITATION
The purpose of the Distributed Learning Program is to facilitate and support home learners. Students and parents have access to:
- planning and evaluation of learning programs. Curricular support in various subject areas from 4-5 is offered (no charge).
- academic counseling
- BC and District standardized testing and benchmarks
- supplemental enrichment materials
- liaison with local schools to ease student transition when requested
- computer/telephone support from teacher
Computer Services are offered to expand and enrich learning opportunities, including:
- Access to a variety of web learning applications
- On-site access to internet as a learning resource (if your device can access wifi)
Thank you for your interest in our program. We do intake meetings with each family as part of our intake process. If you wish for us to contact you the first week of September for a meeting, please fill out the Student & Parent Questionnaire.
Please note that we will not in the office this summer. We will be returning to work Tuesday, September 5th and will answer all email inquiries during the first week.
Ph. 250-870-5120 ext. 8116