WHO TAKES ONLINE GRADE 10-12 COURSES?
Part-Time eSchoolBC Students
Part-Time eSchoolBC students have a home school (usually a traditional high-school or middle-school), but choose to take some of their courses through eSchoolBC. The majority of eSchoolBC students fall into this category (choosing courses under Register Now!). Reasons that students choose to be a part-time eSchoolBC student include:
- a course can't be fit into your local school's schedule
- you are an athlete who will be missing classes and need something more flexible
- a course that you need isn't being offered at your local school
- you want to have some experience with online courses prior to facing them in university
- you have anxiety, or some other issue, that makes certain courses difficult in a classroom setting
Full-time eSchoolBC Students
Full-time eSchoolBC students treat eSchoolBC as their "home school" and take the majority of their courses through eSchoolBC. Full-time eSchoolBC students in grade 10 can choose to be part of scheduled online classes (see Blended 6-10) or work at their own pace (choosing courses under Register Now!). All grade 11-12 courses are done at their own pace. Reasons that students choose to be a Full-Time eSchoolBC student include:
- your family has chosen a Home Schooling option
- you will be travelling with your family during part of the year
- your committment to athletics, or some other activity, doesn't allow a classroom format
- you have anxiety, or some other issue, that makes a classroom settings difficult
Review the Courses and Prerequisites: Click "Courses (10-12)" above.
Online Registration for Courses (10-12): Click "Register Now!" above.
For any other questions, please call: Patti Allan @ 250-870-5120 (ext. 7695)